The Amateur Committee of the Arabian Horse Association of Arizona is committed to the education and support of the amateur owner in the care, use and enjoyment of the Arabian horse.
Arabian Horse Association of Arizona Amateur
Committee Activities & Objectives
- Scottsdale Show
- Meet A Horse – the committee provides horses, costumes and volunteers for this daily activity at the show. Children and adults come to meet our Arabians, have an opportunity to sit on the horse, in a native costume and receive a commemorative photo to remember the experience.
- Photo Contest – entries are submitted in various categories that best represent our breed in amateur photographs. These are displayed and judged at the show.
- Entry Display – members of the committee provide tack and clothing representing the many disciplines our Arabian Horses compete in during the show giving the public an opportunity to learn about and discover the many versatile way our horses compete
- Fiesta Bowl – participants are recruited to ride their Arabian and Half Arabian horses in native costume as ambassadors of our breed to the community in this televised annual event.
- Parada Del Sol – participants also ride their horses in native costume through Old Town Scottsdale in this annual community parade to promote our breed and the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.
- Trail Rides – rides are planned in various valley locations for members who wish to enjoy their horses and the beauty of our desert open space with others. The ride concludes with a lunch!
- Fun Shows – held in the WestWorld Equidome, these Fun Shows provide the opportunity for all breeds to show in this great facility in a more relaxed show format. The committee organizes staffs and puts on two shows with high quality judges. This is an excellent opportunity for those new to showing to practice in this world class facility.
- April 4th 2015
- Education/Seminars – we are always looking for suggestions and topics for education seminars to enhance the knowledge of horse owners and enthusiasts.
- Social Activities – through out the year, we will have opportunities to socialize with others who share an interest in our Arabian horses.
- Monthly Meetings – Our committee meets monthly on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm at the AHAA office at:
15455 N Greenway-Hayden Loop C-18
Scottsdale, Az. 85260
Chair – Sharon Dibblee
Vice Chair – Sally Nelson
Secretary – Christine Brehm
Treasurer – Denise Gotttlieb
AHAA Board Liaison – Carole O’Connor and Betty Karr
Photos: Include - Meet a Horse, Parades, photo contest, trail rides, fun show
Meetings: Monthly Meeting – 1st Wednesday at 6:00pm at AHAA office at:
15455 N Greenway-Hayden Loop C-18, Scottsdale, AZ 85260